We have two Sunday morning worship services.
One begins at 9:00 a.m and the other at 11:00 a.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT at OAKWOOD
Attending a new church for the first time can be scary and a little intimidating. But at Oakwood, we want you to feel at home from the moment you walk through the door. Here’s what you can expect when you arrive.
- Expect to be greeted at the door. Each week, everyone who arrives to church is treated like a guest. We have been awaiting your arrival and we are very excited to see you. We won’t embarrass you by giving you a nametag or making you stand up during service to introduce yourself…but we will make you feel welcome. Whether we are meeting you for the first time or seeing friends after a long week away from each other, a hearty handshake and warm smile will be waiting for you.
- Expect the music to be different! We do not use an organ or piano in our service, nor do we sing very many traditional hymns or church songs. Our “worship team” consists of a number of vocalists and a keyboard with rythmn and drum loops. Most of our music is upbeat and contemporary. Even if the songs are unfamiliar to you, it doesn’t take long to catch on.
- Expect most of our members AND our pastor to dress casually. You may see an occassional tie and jacket or dress (that’s ok!). But expect to see a lot of jeans and slacks as well.
- Expect the teachings to be creative, meaningful, practical, Biblical, thought-provoking and interesting. It’s hard to fall asleep during one of our church services. Plus each week there is a fill-in-the-blank outline so that you can take notes and think about the message later as well.
- Expect the service to last about 90 minutes. We usually finish around 12:30 p.m.
- Expect quality and safe classes for your teens and children during the teaching portion of the worship services. After the music they are dismissed to go downstairs for class.